Position Title: President
- The board of directors is the
legal authority for the community league.
†Term of Office
- Term of office is unlimited.
- A director is expected to be fully
informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and
decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the
- Review the boardís conduct and
monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the league and
assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board,
committees and communities to enhance the leagueís mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for
all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and
approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board,
its standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend
changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of
the leagueís organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other
- Prepare and present required
reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual
report at the annual general meeting.
- Provides leadership to the board
- encouraging board members to
participate in meetings and activities
- focusing the boardís activities
on the organizationís mission
- Ensures the board members are
oriented, trained, evaluated and recognized for their contributions.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the
boardís decision-making process.
- Acts as a liaison between the
community league and other community leagues or civic organizations.
- Promotes the organizationís
purpose in the community and to the media and acts as spokesperson for the
- Is the primary liaison between the
league and EFCL.
- Participates in the selection and
release of any paid employees in consultation with other executive
- Plays a leading role in supporting
- Is responsible for committees by:
- serving as an ex-officio member
of all committees and attending their meetings when needed;
- ensuring that committee
chairpersons are appointed
- Arranges for the orientation of
- Is responsible for the boardís
- Chairs meetings of the community
league according to Robertís Rules of Order or as designated in the bylaws
and ensures meetings adhere to the agenda.
- Acts as one of the signing
officers for cheques and other documents such as contracts and grant
- Prepares a Presidentís Report for
the annual general meeting.