- The board of directors is the
legal authority for the community league.
Term of Office
- Term of office is unlimited.
- A director is expected to be fully
informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and
decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the
- Review the board’s conduct and
monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the league and
assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board,
committees and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for
all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and approve
all policies and other recommendations received from the board, its
standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend
changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of
the league’s organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other
- Prepare and present required
reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual
report at the annual general meeting.
with the City Community Recreation Coordinators (CRCs).
and reviews policy and procedures related to programs and social activities.
which programs will be offered to the community, then arranges for instructors
all matters related to social activities of the league, including dances,
social nights, member barbecues, etc.
for grants for programs.
budget and financial reports for the treasurer.
payments to instructors, keeps appropriate records.
access to the facilities used.