- The board of directors is the
legal authority for the community league.
Term of Office
- Term of office is unlimited.
- A director is expected to be fully
informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and
decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the
- Review the board’s conduct and
monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the league and
assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board,
committees and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for
all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and
approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board,
its standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend
changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of
the league’s organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other
- Prepare and present required
reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual
report at the annual general meeting.
copies of the bylaws, minutes and other documents.
lists of Directors, committees and general membership.
board members of meetings and includes agenda, noting items that need special
all minutes during board and general meetings.
there is a quorum.
all motions and decisions of meetings.
minutes to attest to their accuracy.
copies of minutes to directors and posts minutes online (if applicable)
promptly after meetings (and at least 10 days before the next meeting).
members of general meetings.
the annual return, amendments to the bylaws and other incorporating documents
with the Corporate Registry.
- In the
absence of the chairperson and vice- chairperson, chairs board meetings until
the election of an alternate chairperson.