Position Title: Vice-President
- The board of directors is the
legal authority for the community league.
Term of Office
- Term of office is unlimited.
- A director is expected to be fully
informed on community league matters and participate in discussions and
decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy.
- Commit to the work of the
- Review the board’s conduct and
monitor its performance to ensure compliance with bylaws and policies.
- Speak positively of the league and
assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board,
committees and communities to enhance the league’s mission.
- Orient new board members.
- Prepare for and arrive on time for
all required meetings.
- Develop, monitor, review and
approve all policies and other recommendations received from the board,
its standing committees and staff.
- Review the bylaws and recommend
changes to the membership.
- Participate in the development of
the league’s organizational plan, annual review and budget.
- Approve the budget and other
- Prepare and present required
reports at board meetings.
- Prepare and present an annual
report at the annual general meeting.
in the absence of the president/chairperson.
president whenever possible.
familiar with all committee members and their duties.
act as a signing officer for cheques and other documents.
special duties by interest or assignment.